top of page

“This rat was not on the menu” Cat 1 discovered in a UK leading fast food chain restaurant

Updated: Feb 12, 2021

Our engineers were recently carrying out EICR (fixed wire testing), PAT testing and emergency light testing when they discovered this serious Cat 1 defect on site at a UK leading fast food chain restaurant.

The picture, which has been edited for obvious reasons but sadly shows a dead rat that had been electrocuted inside a main distribution board within the restaurant.

To add to the seriousness of this, the distribution board was found unlocked and located inside the kitchens on site so was easily accessible by staff and was very near to food preparation areas and production.

The distribution board also fed machinery that processed and cooked fast food so any loss of production due to breakdown would cost this business tens of thousands of pounds per day.

The dead rat was found across main circuit breakers that was in turn causing kitchen production equipment to trip out.

Upon discovery our engineers informed the client immediately and this was made safe free of charge there and then and the animal was disposed of in a humane manner.

Want to know more about how Protest ES Ltd can help protect your business and its staff with electrical testing, thus keeping you safe and legally compliant with the latest regulations? Please do not hesitate to contact us.

If you require any support or advice with your electrical installation or maintenance, call - 01604 696113 today.

Make an enquiry here.

ReportSafe link
Promptus website link
Volt Logic website link
20 years (3).png

Since 2003 we have been delivering the highest quality in Electrical Inspection & Testing to clients nationwide.

Want to know more? Get in touch now!

bottom of page