top of page

“Client needs ‘educating’ as serious PAT Testing fault discovered in major UK University

Our engineers were recently carrying out portable appliance testing within a large very well known university when they discovered this serious defect inside a classroom.

The above picture shows the plug overheating as tin foil has been used to replace the plug fuse. To add to the seriousness of this, the plug was in normal everyday use by staff and students inside a classroom. There was a severe danger of fire due to overheating or personal injury through electrical shock.

Upon discovery our engineers informed the client immediately and this was then made safe, free of charge.

Unless portable appliance testing is carried out on a regular basis then dangerous situations such as this can often go unnoticed leaving staff and buildings at severe risk of personal injury or fire.

Want to know more about how Protest ES Ltd can help protect your business and its staff with electrical testing, thus keeping you safe and legally compliant with the latest regulations?

Please do not hesitate to contact us.

If you require any support or advice with your electrical installation or maintenance, call - 01604 696113 today.

Make an enquiry here.

ReportSafe link
Promptus website link
Volt Logic website link
20 years (3).png

Since 2003 we have been delivering the highest quality in Electrical Inspection & Testing to clients nationwide.

Want to know more? Get in touch now!

bottom of page