Properly managing your mental health during this pandemic is critical. Especially while quarantining / self-isolating in any manner, it is perfectly natural and almost to be expected that you will have bouts of feeling anxious, nervous, stressed, or even depressed.
Thankfully, there are steps that you can take to help combat these feelings and look after your mental health and wellbeing.
Whether simply being off work at home, or still working but from home, this prevents us from having our usual type of socializing and general lifestyle that we’d like to. As mentioned above, this is almost certain to have an impact on our mental health. The mainstream media as well as social media, will naturally be filled with news and updates regarding COVID-19, some factual and truthful, some less so...
A constant stream of mostly negative and sometimes simply untrue information can and will be detrimental towards your mental health. It is because of this, that it is important that we take the right positive steps towards managing mental health and preventing negative thoughts and feelings.
Some simple steps to take can be found below:
- Maintain a healthy diet and ensure that you get a good nights sleep
- Switch off push notifications for COVID-19 on all devices
- Pursue hobbies and interests in your spare time to distract and occupy your mind
- Avoid following or mute people that you suspect could be spreading misinformation
- Talk to someone about how you feel and seek advice from that person
- Speak to a professional, either your local GP, a therapist or any other mental health expert
Stay safe and look after yourself, we will get through this.
To reach us for any urgent or emergency matters, please call - 01604 970772