top of page

Faulty extension lead the cause of fire in block of flats last month

Sources from LFB (London Fire Brigade) have stated that the cause of a fire that left a block of flats in flames last month was caused by a electrical fault, more specifically, a faulty extension lead.

Luckily there were no injuries reported from the block of flats in Limehouse, London. But it took around 35 fire fighters and as many as 5 fire engines to tackle the blaze.

Residents became aware that something was up when they noticed smoke in the communal corridors and could smell burning. On further inspection by the LFB, they found smoke coming from an electrical intake cupboard on the 6th floor that had been damaged as a result of the electrical fault.

As mentioned earlier, luckily the fire brigade were able to gain control and successfully stop spread of the fire reasonably quickly, escorting as many as 20 residents to safety.

If you require any support or advice with the electrical and fire safety in your building, contact - 01604 696113 today.

Make an enquiry - Get A Quote.


Commenting has been turned off.
ReportSafe link
Promptus website link
Volt Logic website link
20 years (3).png

Since 2003 we have been delivering the highest quality in Electrical Inspection & Testing to clients nationwide.

Want to know more? Get in touch now!

bottom of page