top of page

Smoke alarm alerts neighbours to electrical house fire..

In Brightlingsea, Essex, an electrical fault caused a house to go up in flames.



A semi-detached house has been severely damaged by a fire and smoke after neighbours alerted the fire service when they heard smoke alarms going off.


Crews were called to Windsor Court, Brightlingsea, Essex, at about 15:10 BST on Wednesday.

Firefighters worked quickly to prevent it spreading and it was put out by 16:18, the service said.

The fire was thought to have started by an electrical fault. The Brightlingsea house was smoke filled by the time crews arrived.


Station manager Nick Singleton has now stressed the importance of having working smoke alarms after neighbours were able to call for help.


He said: “We’d like to praise the neighbours for their quick actions in calling us."


“Having working smoke alarms at home is so important, not just to alert you to a fire but to neighbours and passers-by too. We recommend you have at least one working smoke alarm on every level of your home and that you test them regularly."


Electrical appliances should be checked and tested regularly to ensure they are operating efficiently and are safe. Furthermore, the potential for fire to spread is significantly lower when smoke alarms are in place to alert people in the surrounding area.


Would you like to know more about how Protest ES Ltd can help protect your business, staff, and visitors, thus keeping you safe and legally compliant with the latest regulations?


Please do not hesitate to contact us, by calling this number: 01604 696113 today. Or contact us via email: enquiries@protestesltd.co.uk


Comments


Commenting has been turned off.
ReportSafe link
Promptus website link
Volt Logic website link
20 years (3).png

Since 2003 we have been delivering the highest quality in Electrical Inspection & Testing to clients nationwide.

Want to know more? Get in touch now!

bottom of page