top of page

Irish farmer left devastated after 2,000 of his pigs die in fire caused by electrical fault

In early September an Irish farmer was left devastated due to the loss of as many as 2000 of his livestock that were tragically killed in an electrical fire. A farrowing house containing the piglets at Glen marshal Pedigree Pigs farm, was totally destroyed by the fire.

Farmer, Trevor Shields, had stated that the firefighters called to the blaze had done an amazing job at stemming the flow of the fire and stopping it spread further.

He said:

"In layman's terms it's the maternity ward and there were 140 sows in there with baby piglets, up to about three weeks old,"

Mr Shields added.

"Total number somewhere around 2,000 and they are just gone, which is very sad."

The farmer explained that he had been told by firefighters that the likely cause of the fire was that of an electrical fault.

If you require any support or advice with the electrical and fire safety in your building, contact - 01604 696113 today.

Make an enquiry by clicking the following text - Get A Quote


Commenting has been turned off.
ReportSafe link
Promptus website link
Volt Logic website link
20 years (3).png

Since 2003 we have been delivering the highest quality in Electrical Inspection & Testing to clients nationwide.

Want to know more? Get in touch now!

bottom of page