ELECTRICAL REMEDIAL WORK
As stated by the law, Electricity at Work Regulations 1989 (EAWR) places a legal responsibility on employers and employees, as duty holders, to ensure that electrical systems used at work under their control are safe.
With this in mind, having your remedial works carefully planned out and executed is essential.
Once you have had the required Fixed Wire Testing / Electrical Inspection Condition Report (EICR) completed by a professional and qualified electrician, either internally at Protest, or externally through another service provider, you can expect to be presented with the findings of those various inspections and testing.
It is highly probable that there will be the following observations found at your premises: Code 1 and or Code 2. If you do have these findings at your workplace, this will require by law, immediate, or urgent care.
It is important that you do have logged on your system, evidence of the completion of any outstanding Code 1 or 2 observations, via your minor works certification. This to guarantee that you are legally covered.
At Protest we ensure that any outstanding corrective work is completed in a timely manner, as well as proceeding to update records accordingly too.
Duty holders have a legal responsibly to uphold, that is to ensure that electrical systems used at work under their control are safe. That means that If an electrical hazard or incident were to occur and it is found that you are not compliant with EAWR 1989.
Purely from a legal stance, insurance companies will not support and will reject any claim as they cannot insure anyone that isn’t compliant with such laws. Furthermore, if a serious incident occurs under your watch and you are found to be non compliant, penalties can result in hefty fines and or jail time.
Why use Protest ES Ltd?
- We handle the burden, meaning once work has been completed, we keep and update the records of your reports
- Swift quotations can be expected, once testing has been completed and or observations have been handed to us
- Gain an exclusive account manager that will be at your beckon call throughout the whole remedial process
- Get updated and informed on any upcoming service requirements
- Record are safely stored for safe keeping and can be presented to clients immediately when required, again giving clients total peace of mind
To find out more about our fixed wire testing remedial service – call today on 01604 696113.
For further explanation of our fixed wire testing remedial service, please see below...
Our Remedial Process Explained